Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How does your service work? Fees? My wife was intending to…

Customer Question
How does your service...

How does your service work? Fees?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

My wife was intending to clean oven by self clean mode and realized she did not take out racks. Door locked and started buzzing like maybe starting to clean. We were trying to reset or interrupt the cycle but could not stop it and the door remained locked and closed. Unplugged to see if it might reset but did not. Showed f9 code. Sits unplugged don’t know what to do

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

So...takes a few hours unplugged?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/1/2018
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for allowing us to help you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your question so that I may help you.

Please post the model number so that I am able to help you better.

55357;�

Do you have the model number?

Jenn Air jds9860aap

Okay F9 is saying the door is not locked. Have you tried disconnecting power to the oven for 30 minutes?

Also, I see you have unplugged it. Try setting the self clean, wait 3-4 minutes, press cancel.

It’s been unplugged for over an hour. There is no cancel button, only stop/clear - same thing?

Yes, same thing.

No luck

Unfortunately the ERC will need to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!