Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag centennial washing machine. it sometimes…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag centennial washing machine. it sometimes gets to the spin cycle and it won't spin. when it spins, it stops in the middle of the spin cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I believe it is about 5 or years old. If I read the model # correctly it is: WVWC6ESWW1. Centenial is the model.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. depends on how complicated it is.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is also a small water leak. I haven't checked the water hose connections.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for allowing us to help you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your question so that I may help you.

let's try typing.

Does the unit agitate?

let's type first.

Typing is fine.

Does the unit agitate?

it will agitate but won't spin.

Okay please give me a few moments.

ok

Okay either the motor coupling or the clutch is going to be your problem. I would replace the motor coupling first.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!

thanks.
I'll get a repairman.

Not a problem. If that is all you need and are satisfied, please consider rating me a 5 star for helping you.