Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a samsung moisture sensor dryer that just stopped…

Customer Question
I have a samsung...

I have a samsung moisture sensor dryer that just stopped coming on. Worked find this morning went to dry another set of clothes and not turning on.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It’s 1 yr old model # DV42h5200ew/a3

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Idk can. I

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I used the wrinkle guard and now I can’t even change the settings

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

R u here ?

Okay great then one of two things has happened. Either the belt is broken on the unit or the thermal fuse that is mounted to the blower housing is burned out. You should remove the top to find out if the belt is broken on the drum. You need to remove the screws along the back edge of the top then it will slide straight back and lift off. You will see the drum, look in the middle of the drum for the belt it should be there and attached tight. If that is attached but loose it has come off the idler pulley and that will likely need to be replaced. If the belt is tight on the drum then you'll have to disassemble the unit to check the blower thermal fuse out. There is a thermal fuse on the backside of the blower housing in the unit that will often burn out causing it not to run. Either way you will have to take the unit apart to either put a belt on it or check that thermal fuse out. I've included a link to help you out to do this repair and take it apart.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please rate my service with the rating link before leaving.

Ok doing this now

Ok also note there is a delay in posts so just type once and wait for my reply thanks!

Belt is ok now what

If the belt is ok then that thermal fuse is burned out on the unit most likely. If you press Start and hear a Soft Click in the console I would say the thermal fuse is the issue.

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please rate my service with the rating link before leaving and Happy New Year!