Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool dishwasher goes through the wash cycle unless I…

Customer Question
My whirlpool dishwasher goes...

My whirlpool dishwasher goes through the wash cycle unless I manually stop it. Then I have to leave it to dry naturally. I don't know how to set controls to have it run a normal wash cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

IT is about 6 months old. The model # is on the inside of the door, but it is unreadable. The machine is a 2017 second model from the bottom of the list.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. It depends on what is wrong with it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Sorry-my cat ran across the screen. was a replacement for a much nicer machine. The Home Depot techs ruined my good dishwasher while installing backsplash. This machine was their attempt to replace my almost new dishwasher. They were totally incompetent installing it, and we even had a flood. .

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

Sorry I haven't answered you question, but another ad keeps popping up over the screen.

So what exactly happens when you start a normal cycle?

It keeps going until we stop it. It has gone for about 3 hours without stopping
I currently have severe laryngitis

If you open the door mid cycle, is the water hot and steamy? Please know that you may post back anytime, sorry you are not feeling well.