Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE profile microwave won't run but passes the seconds. We…

Customer Question
GE profile microwave won't...

GE profile microwave won't run but passes the seconds

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We have an issue where the micro won't turn on bMotor but counts down

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes je2160sf02 is model number

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its 2005 unit

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Often the microwave problem is due to a bad door switch. There are three door switches on the interlock circuit and if any one of them goes bad the unit will not allow it to start. Most times when the switch goes bad it is typically the lower one that burns out or the upper one that burns out. When that happens the unit will not be allowed to start up and run. you would need to take that apart and check out all 3 switches on the interlock circuit. Here is a helpful video to help you do that note it is not a video for your exact unit just a reference video as to how to do the testing. If you find one of them is bad you need to order the part at the link below to replace it. If all the switches are good the control baord is bad. That is all that can cause that issue other than the door switches.

CLICK HERE VIDEO

CLICK HERE PART

Happy New Year!.....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!