Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a maytag refrigerator model number MFI2569VE M4 WITH…

Customer Question
I have a maytag...

I have a maytag refrigerator model number MFI2569VE M4 WITH THE freezer on the bottom and for some reason it is icing and one I do not know how to take the drawers out or stop the icing.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

My maytag I think it is app. 8 years Model number is ***** 256 9VE M4 and I have EAP(###) ###-####

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NO THATS no that's it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
1/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 month ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately this is not an easy issue to fix on these bottom freezer top refrigerators. You will want to unplug the unit for 24 hours to allow all the ice to thaw out. Once the ice is thawed out, the best way to clean the drain line is from the bottom up because going at it from the inside is really difficult. If you pull the refrigerator forward and remove the bottom access panel and locate the rubber hose which comes down directly from the middle or so of the freezer floor toward the back and use something like a turkey baster to shoot hot water up the hose. Once it's clear and you can blow air through the hose, you're good to go again. Also, if you have the ability to just unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours that'll thaw all the ice out and them you can just blow air up and clear the drain out.

Now this drain hose has been re-designed because the material on the hose would break down and the check valve inside won't allow water to flow out so below is a link to the new re-designed hose you'll want to order and replace with instructions.

CLICK HERE for drain hose

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand it may be to big a job for me however I still don't know how to remove the drawers.

That is a major task and you'd need a technician to do that---removing the drawers is really not an option unless you're a technician on these units.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If my husband was here I would have taken the call, however I said the drawers should be easy to come out but how?

Again, That is a major task and you'd need a technician to do that---removing the drawers is really not an option unless you're a technician on these units.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 27 days ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc