Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher doesn't drain, water overflows onto floor.

Customer Question
My dishwasher doesn't drain...

My dishwasher doesn't drain, water overflows onto floor

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Maytag Plus Two 86000AWW. The machine was loaded with dishes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If ossible, plumbers are very busy today with our freeze

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am not mechanically inclined

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Check the siphon gap next to your sink faucet, all dishwasher drain lines either go to a siphon gap next to the faucet or the trap/disposal port. The siphon gap is that small dome sitting next to your faucet. You need to remove the cap on it and then there will be a center piece that pops out or is round and unscrews to get in the middle of the siphon gap. Check that and see if you have a partial blockage in the siphon gap. If you do not have a siphon gap follow the drain line to where it connects to under the sink and check the end port for partial blockages both in the drain hose and at the trap or disposal port where it connects to. See link below for siphon gap checking. If you do not find anything then you may have a bad pump or another issue totally with the unit.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving for my service. That will also allow you to come back to me right here anytime for as many FREE followup questions you have!