Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Bosch axxis dryer,WTV76100US. When I turn it on the…

Customer Question
I have a Bosch...

I have a Bosch axxis dryer,WTV76100US. When I turn it on the Wrinkle block/end light comes on and beeps 4 times for 3 bursts. Repair man said replace controller. We did. No change.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

7 years old and that’s the model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This is the first problem. We were away for 6 months and just returned

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
1/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 month ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Does it run at all?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nothing happens but the beeps and the one light

OK the code is an F4 code meaning that there is a short in the sensor paddles in the drum. Is anything on the two sensor bar strips in the unit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hang on we will look

OK thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I responded no to the above question but not sure if it went through

You would have to check the moisture sensor circuit it may be bad and a diode on the circuit is bad and shorted out indicating a shorted signal to the board.

John, Home Appliance Technician