Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a miele dishwasher and have a waterproof code on it,

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a miele dishwasher and have a waterproof code on it, what does it mean, it is off and sounds like it is running

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

66565 scvi and 3 yrs not sure

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

At this point is it involved, is there a simple fix? that would be my first question, I do not have the book with codes. It is new years day so I guess yes, i will look to fix myself if it is relatively simple

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The weather outside is about 10 degrees, I did not know if this could involve a cold pipe i have two dishwashers in my kitchen, both miele, one on each side of my sink, and one is now running properly, but I heard the one not on running and when I turned it on I saw this waterproof code

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

The waterproof code means water has leaked into the base of the dishwasher and has activated the flood switch.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.
But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Hi

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks