Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our samsung fridge has started leaking water from the

Customer Question
Our samsung fridge has...

Our samsung fridge has started leaking water from the freezer section, which is at the bottom.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The fridge was bought in2013. The numbers on the side are RL4013UBAWW/SA, 220-240V50Hz, MSV162AL1J/TS1, AP3, Serial No. 49964DBD400209A. I am not sure which is the Model No.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can I would do it myself. I am not sure what is causing it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The fridge has been fine until the last week. The fridge had a bit of cleaning out last week, and it has started after that.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a blocked defrost drain line in the freezer, you need to remove the items in the freezer section. Once they are all out remove the back panel INSIDE the freezer to get at the evaporator and Defrost Drain pan under the evaporator. You will see it is all iced over. You need to melt all the ice and that will expose a DRAIN HOLE towards the middle of the drain pan under the evaporator. Clear that out with a steamer, hot water with a turkey baster or compressed air Make sure the drain is working by pouring a half cup of really hot water down it and it should drain nice and fast If so put the unit back together and it will be all fixed!

CLICK HERE EXAMPLE VIDEO...note this is just a reference video not for your specific unit.

Happy New Year!.....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!