Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag Brazos timer speeds then errors oL even when the load…

Customer Question
Maytag Brazos timer speeds...

Maytag Brazos timer speeds then errors oL even when the load is not imbalanced

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

9 yearsmvwb300wqd

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Has the same problem on many different wash modes But sometimes will make it through its cycles

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There is a hub under the wash basket that must disengage when the wash water comes in and the tub floats. If the tub does not float you will get the code. The other thing that could cause this is something between the tubs. All this can be checked by taking out the inner tub. I think I may have a video of removing the tub if you need it. Let me know.

Dave a video of the tub removal would be helpful
I've already paid $36 I do not wish to put any more into this really

No problem. Just a sec I will look for the video.

Here is the link showing the part number and how to replace the hub if it is stuck. Might even be something between the tubs. Tub removal video link Was this helpful? Dave

Video does not show me how to remove the inner tub. What does the inner tub got to do with the timer speeding up?

The time will adjust depending how sensing goes. Let me find the tub video. It may have the complete bearing procedure but you can just use it for tub removal.

You will only need the first part of this video for the tub removal. Bearing procedure link