Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How can I manually unlock the door on my new GE Model GE…

Customer Question
How can I manually...

How can I manually unlock the door on my new GE Model GE GFW450SPKDG?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just bought it yesterday :(

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is brand new...washed two loads this am, door won’t unlock...cleaned the pump filter...unplugged, etc...still won’t unlock the door

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Remove the top of the unit by removing the screws on the back edge of the console. SLide the top back and lift it off, then reach down to the bottom of the door interlock and find the release tab on it and push it down...CLICK HERE

Happy New Year!.....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!