Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile refrigerator with bottom freezer. Model:

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Profile refrigerator with bottom freezer. Model: PFSS6PKWBSS. I can get water out of the door, but it is not making any icecubes.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2-3 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It made ice cubes without problem up until about a month ago

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Often the icemaker just fails on that unit. First press the test button on the upper right side of the front of the icemaker. See if it starts to rotate, if not it is a bad icemaker for sure. If it does then see if it fills with water. If it does not after it has stopped rotating just pour some water in the mold on the icemaker and see if it makes the batch. If it does not replace the icemaker on the unit. If it does then you need to check the fill tube to the icemaker to see if it is frozen.

CLICK HERE PART

Happy New Year!.....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

I can't find the test button
how quickly should it turn

Right away press and hold it and it should start to turn.

I think I've got it working

Great!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!