Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Microwave model JVM1635SFC01 and the clear

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a GE Microwave model JVM1635SFC01 and the clear plastic over the the control buttons seems to have been wiped with some thing that looks like its scratched it, at least I can't get it off. Is there something that will fix this or can it be reletively cheaply be replaced. The microwave is not 6 months old yet and looks really bad now.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its about 4 months old JVM1635SFC01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well if its just a clean or wipe yes but if something need replacing thats out of my league

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well we just paid 500 bucks for the microwave it works great but niow it looks crappy

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Are you sure that is just not the film to protect it? That should just peel off. Can you upload a pic of it?

I was hoping there would be a substance I could rub it with so it will clean up
are you there

Sorry lost you someone in cyber space.....

The control panel is sold as a complete kit and is not even available currently since it is so new. You would have to just call for warranty service on it. They will replace it for free and I would do that since the part would be expensive anyway. Just make sure there is no film on it is sure looks like the protective film is still attached to it.

Happy New Year!.....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

its not the coating we looked at the french plate that came with it and the surface looks the same once the plastic is peeled off. So back to square one. Is there somethiing to clean it up

You can try to just use some glass cleaner on it. If it does not come clean just get warranty service out and have them replace it.