Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag gas stove, bought in 2005. The oven is

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag gas stove, bought in 2005. The oven is rusting and there are a few pinholes in the bottom of the oven.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased in spring of 2005. There is no model name on the stove.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Is that even an option?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is it dangerous to continue using?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The pin holes in the bottom aren't a bit issue unless you split through the holes and they happen to drip onto the igniter which can short it out. Other than that, the holes won't really affect anything . Now if you have holes in the sides, back, or top of your oven liner---that is a big problem and it's unsafe to use the stove. The floor of the oven should be replaceable separately depending on your model number however.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?