Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a RSG257AARS/XAA Samsung side by side refrigerator…

Customer Question
I have a RSG257AARS/XAA...

I have a RSG257AARS/XAA Samsung side by side refrigerator freezer that has had a continued odor for 3 years. No matter how many times we take everything out and disinfect every surface the odor always comes back! Baking soda, coffee and other similar remedies do NOT help! I would like Samsung to replace this stinker. Many other people appear to have the same problem. Please help.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 3-4 years. Side by side counter depth. RSG257AARS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If thats possible. What work are you suggesting?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The odor is persistent and the same odor that permeates everything we put in the frig and freezer. The odor is not from anything we store in either. It comes from the refrigerator.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 3 days by:
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

Thank you! When you disassembled to clean the interior, have you removed any of the rear panels to clean the area of the coil where the fan is that circulates the air?

Of course! Everything possible has been cleaned several times. This odor is not from snything I put in the frig or freezer. It is the faulty Samsung unit. I need it replaced with a non-toxic notmal refrigerator!

Just Answer is not affiliated with Samsung. Are you wanting to connect with them?