Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool Comercial washer (model #CAM 2742700 )frozzed…

Customer Question
My Whirlpool Comercial washer...

My Whirlpool Comercial washer (model #CAM(###) ###-####)frozzed up due to low temps I disconnected the hoses and put theme in hot water reconnected everything and turned it on but now the water does not stop filling it up?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

No I bought it used some time ago on the led it says Stymaster N.8281008

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

On the lip of the washer it has CAM2742700

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Pleas Pearl get me to John

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Does the washer stop filling if you turn the washer off? Or does it only stop if you turn the water off to the washer?

Its a comercial model there is no turn off button I just pull the plug

That's what I mean---does the water stop filling if you pull the plug? Or does it only stop if you turn the water off to the washer?

of course it stops when I pull the plug it also stop if I switch to low level but I hear it hum...
Its in the basement and its been in the single diggets!!!!

I know that may seem obvious to you, but it's actually not. There are only 2 things that can cause the washer to overfill---either the electronic water valve is sticking open (which means that you have to turn the water off to the washer because even unplugging it won't stop the water from filling), or your pressure switch isn't reading the water level correctly. Now the pressure switch hose is likely just frozen if the basement is getting that cold. If you look at the diagram below, there are 2 pressure switches inside the control panel that have a hose which runs to the bottom of the tub. Parts 8 and 13 are the pressure switches. Disconnect the hoses from the switch and see if you can blow through them---if not then they are frozen so until they are thawed out you can't use the washer.

CLICK HERE for diagram

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

If you're sure everything is thawed out now, you should just need to plug the washer in and leave it plugged in for 20 minutes and it should reset. If not, then something more is wrong and you'll likely need a technician out to check and see what they washer won't run.

Tyler: remember me? you told me to check the hoses for ice and I did but the washer will not run/wash what do I do now?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc