Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Some of the display lights go on, but the dishwasher won't…

Customer Question
Some of the display...

Some of the display lights go on, but the dishwasher won't turn on.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

MD87609AWW1, maytag. I've had the dishwasher since 2002.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, just trying to assess what is wrong and what the cost to repair would be.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The following Option lights come on when pressed: hi temp wash, heated dry, sanitize. Cycle lights do not come on or work. Start and cancel do not come on or work.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

Access to replace is gained by removing the screws from around the inner door and separating the panels. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!