Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have Kenmore 795.78304.802 Refriger and it not getting…

Customer Question
Hi, we have Kenmore 795.78304.802...
Hi, we have Kenmore 795.78304.802 Refriger and it not getting cold the lights come on and the cool Sense Electronic Temperature Control System works but I don't hear any fan what can this be can how can we test to find out? thanks
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Unplug the refrigerator for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. Does the behavior change when plugged back in?

Hi thanks I have tried that and I hear a fan coming on but does not get cold

Can you tell if the compressor is running in the back?

I can open the back panel how would I know the compressor is running would it be a fan on or some other kind of motor?

The compressor is the black, round ball in the back. If you feel it, is it warm and vibrating or cold to the touch?

I do hear a clicking noise to when it comes comes on
Also the freezer is getting cold still waiting on the refrigerator we got thermometer
The refrigerator is not getting cold but the freezer is is there other kind of fan or anything in between that could have went out or is there a way to test with a multimeter?
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello I am a differente tech do you still need help?

Hi, thanks no it seems like its geting cold agin

So it appears to be working fine now? You are good?

Hi, Thanks yes it is getting cold we also cleaned the coils and changed surge prtotectors

OK sounds good if you need more help just let me know...Happy New Year!.....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!