Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a 6 month old GE slid in electric range/oven.

Customer Question
We have a 6...

We have a 6 month old GE slid in electric range/oven. Canceled the oven cleaning cycle a short time into the cycle. Now the oven door will not unlock. Even with the door lock lever moved clear to the left.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased in May of 2017. Model # JB645EK1ES.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what needs to be done. I'm a former tradesman so am fairly capable.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I unplugged the unit thinking that may 'reset' it, but to no avail.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
When the door would not unlock, we ran a 3 hour oven cleaning cycle but it did not unlock after that cycle either.
Answered in 3 days by:
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

No longer needed. That was 4 days ago.

I understand, thank you.