Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bosch HBN 746 AUC oven that I bought 15 years ago.

Customer Question
I have a Bosch...

I have a Bosch HBN 746 AUC oven that I bought 15 years ago. The broiler heating element burned out a couple days ago. I found a replacement part on ebay and was wondering it you san send me the repair manual that explains how to change the element.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought it in 2003 and the model number is ***** I wrote above. Do you need the serial number?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just looking for instructions on how to change the broiler element. The part number is *****

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 5 days by:
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So I have the service manual for this unit pulled up but unfortuantely it doesn't go over anything about how to replace parts, only how to test what is wrong.

That being said, to replace the broil element here are the steps.

1. Flip the breaker off to the oven.

2. Remove all the oven racks out of the oven as well as the rack supports.

3. Unscrew the light bulb lens against the back wall.

4. Remove all the screws going into the back vent cover panel so you can see the fan and convection element.

5. At this point you have full access to the broil element and such. Remove the 2 screws going into the back wall on the right and left side of the element bracket.

6. Remove the screws going up into the ceiling and now the element will pull forward.

7. Pull the element forward carefully because you don't want to lose the wires behind the oven otherwise the oven must be pulled out to re-attach the wires to the element. Once the element is pulled forward far enough, just swap the wires from the old element to the new element.

8. Re-assemble in reverse order.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?