Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a kenmore elite model 795 with bottom freezer. The…

Customer Question
We have a kenmore...

We have a kenmore elite model 795 with bottom freezer. The drain tube in back freezes up and leaks into the freezer drawer then melts onto floor. How do we fix it?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Manufacturing date 5/2006 model number from side panel is 795.77579600

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
1/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

You will need to remove everything out of the freezer and remove the rear interior wall panel to gain access to the defrost drain line opening in the drain trough that is under the freezer Evaporator coil ,and defrost the drain trough then flush the drain line with hot water to clear the restriction in the drain line.

If you have any question just let me know!

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.