Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have Whirlpool dryer. I pushed the button to start the dry…

Customer Question
Hi. I have Whirlpool...

Hi. I have Whirlpool dryer. I pushed the button to start the dry cycle and nothing happens. It's been working perfectly until now. It's plugged in.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I'm going to check the model number right now. It's in the garage. I rent and it was here when I moved in 3 years ago. I would say it's 7 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model # LGR4634JQ2.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't plan to fix it myself unless it's something simple.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

This might just be a thermal fuse. Do you think you can pull it out and remove the large back panel?

No. I cannot do that.
I am not physically able to do this. I want to cancel and get a refund, but I do appreciate you trying to help me. How do I get the refund?

Okay, the only other thing to check is the circuit breaker but that may not be the problem. Turn the breaker off and on a few times but if the problem remains you will need to have the dryer pulled out to check the thermal fuse. Dave

It's not the circuit breaker. My washer is on the same one, and I have power to both. I want a refund. How do I get it?

I can request a refund for you.

Thank you. I appreciate your help.