Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My frigidaire oven is beeping and has f10 on the screen. I…

Customer Question
My frigidaire oven is...

My frigidaire oven is beeping and has f10 on the screen.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I can't tell what the exact model is. is there a way i can see the name?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes i think it's about 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Before the beeping and the f10 happened, the clock kept resetting.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The F10 error indicated the control has detected a run away temperature, meaning the oven is not cycling on and off properly. This is most commonly caused by a bad temperature sensor probe and can be easily repaired. The sensor is the probe you see protruding out of the back wall of the oven, you just remove the two screws you see mounting the probe to the back wall of the oven, pull it forward and unplug it from the wiring harness and install the new one. If you give me the full model of the unit I can give you the replacement part number for the sensor, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.