Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I think the model # is 2479885. Unit does not dry. I am

Customer Question
I think the model...

I think the model # is(###) ###-#### Unit does not dry. I am using the deated dry and wait for an hour before opening door. Yet the dooe is soaking wet and all plastic storage containers are very wet on top as well as botton (open side down)

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Think model # is(###) ###-####if not tell me where to find same. Only been used 3-4 times (bought 12-7-2017) and it has always shown the problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Tell me what thw work is and then I can answer.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The first thing to know is that plastic will never dry very well in a dishwasher. I have a question. Did you fill the rinse aid dispenser when you first got the dishwasher?

rinse aid disp. is full.

Not much more to do but run the water at the sink to get hot before you start the dishwasher and the water should be 120 degrees. That will help all but plastic.

No help. Been using diswashers for years without doing what was suggested. Something is wrong with this unit and needs to be fixed. What is my next step? Plerase respond.

All new dishwashers have lower wattage heating elements and use less water than older units for energy savings. This contributes to slower drying and using rinse aid is extremely important now. You can call for warranty service but sometimes they charge if there is nothing wrong.

Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave