Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Maytag washer started making considerable noise when it…

Customer Question
Our Maytag washer started...

Our Maytag washer started making considerable noise when it spins. And the inside basket seem loose. It can be move from side to side by about 4 inches. Any ideas

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Yes, we purchased 1/20/11

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, it would be good to have some idea of what is wrong though

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We do have model no MVWX500XWD and Serial # kkC04631926

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 6 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

From what you are describing it sounds like there is an issue in the gear case which you can't repair the gear case you just have to replace it, so it can be repaired but its not a cheap repair. The replacement part is listed below:

Washer Gear Case

Part #: W10006401 - click here for part info at sears

Here is a video that shows how to replace the gear case - click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Ok not especially helpful