Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 6 month old electrolux EFLW417SIW and it won't

Customer Question
I have a 6...

I have a 6 month old electrolux EFLW417SIW and it won't drain. Temp is 0 degrees. I thought I had thawed the drain pipe outside the machine. It ran part way through the 20 minute cycle, but stopped at 14 minutes to go so I tried the rinse spin cycle. It made some strange sounds.Now it is full of water and the door won't unlock

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it new on June 23 2017

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, if I can open the machine and bale it out that would help

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 6 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

T​he only way to remove the water is to remove the rear panel and disconnect the drain hose to let the water run out. The water level needs to be below a certain level (set at the factory) before the door can be opened. Once open you can remove the remaining water if necessary. If the washer has ice in the drain/pump area that will need to be removed/thawed before attempting to run the machine, otherwise damage may occur.

Here is a caution note from the manual, and a link to the manual for reference.

If the cycle is interrupted during spin, the door lock will not release until the tub has stopped spinning.

If the water level of the nonspinning drum is above the bottom of the door opening/fl exible door gasket, the lock will not release. DO NOT force open the door.

https://www.electroluxappliances.com/Washers-Dryers/Washing-Machines/Washing-Machine/EFLW417SIW/

Y​ou might also try tipping the machine backwards and see if the door will open, if not then you will need to drain the water by removing the hose from the pump.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is nearing 60 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

If you could please respond and let me know if you still need assistance or if I can proceed in closing out this question, I would sure appreciate it as it is several months old.

Thanks

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

I do apologize for these continuing follow-up messages, however since this question remains open and will only close out once the rating portion has been completed by you. Please assist me by taking a few moments to fulfill the rating requirement and this will satisfy the system.

Thank you so much, I sincerely ***** *****

Best,

Dave

Stop this

I would be happy to stop this, however the system will not close the question out until it is rated by you. I have no control functions to process it any other way. It must be done by the customer. Sorry for this, but it is a site issue, not an expert issue. Please fulfill the rating portion and it will be resolved. I do ask that you don't penalize the experts on this site for any ill feelings towards Just Answer.

Thanks for your understanding,