Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a 6 month old electrolux EFLW417SIW and it won't

Customer Question
I have a 6...

I have a 6 month old electrolux EFLW417SIW and it won't drain. Temp is 0 degrees. I thought I had thawed the drain pipe outside the machine. It ran part way through the 20 minute cycle, but stopped at 14 minutes to go so I tried the rinse spin cycle. It made some strange sounds.Now it is full of water and the door won't unlock

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it new on June 23 2017

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, if I can open the machine and bale it out that would help

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

T​he only way to remove the water is to remove the rear panel and disconnect the drain hose to let the water run out. The water level needs to be below a certain level (set at the factory) before the door can be opened. Once open you can remove the remaining water if necessary. If the washer has ice in the drain/pump area that will need to be removed/thawed before attempting to run the machine, otherwise damage may occur.

Here is a caution note from the manual, and a link to the manual for reference.

If the cycle is interrupted during spin, the door lock will not release until the tub has stopped spinning.

If the water level of the nonspinning drum is above the bottom of the door opening/fl exible door gasket, the lock will not release. DO NOT force open the door.

https://www.electroluxappliances.com/Washers-Dryers/Washing-Machines/Washing-Machine/EFLW417SIW/

Y​ou might also try tipping the machine backwards and see if the door will open, if not then you will need to drain the water by removing the hose from the pump.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 23 days ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

John, Home Appliance Technician