Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have 2 dacor cps130. Had a broken bake element in one and…

Customer Question
Hi I have 2 dacor...
Hi I have 2 dacor cps130. Had a broken bake element in one and fixed it. The other ones problem is the bottom bake element does not glow red hot. It does come on and glow a very low orange in the dark but it does not stay on continuously. It cycles on and off every minute or two. I replaced the relay board and that is not the problem.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Have you checked the power to the element while it is running, this sounds like a bad bake element or power issue to the element. Confirm what voltage you have when it is on. If you have a steady 240 volts to the element and that is happening replace the element. If not check the wiring from there to the control board. If you need more help let me know.

Happy Holidays..All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

I removed the bake element and checked the voltage. While testing it Cycles on and off. 20 seconds at 238 volts and 20 seconds off. While testing I realized the top element is doing the same thing. I can feel the heat from the top kick on when I’m reading 238 at the bottom and kick off when reading nothing. Obviously I hear the corresponding relay clock each time. This is cause of slow preheat and uneven baking since the top element is stronger. What would cause these elements to turn on and off together. Something with temp controls? I already replaced the relay bored
Relay click*
FYI-Temp gauge on lcd display is pretty accurate as it heats up

It cycles the elements on back and forth for even temps that is normal.

Even temps. What does that mean. No. This was from 135 on up. 20 seconds of and on all the way up to temp with broil and bake coming on simoustamaly til 500 and same thing after

Let me see if another expert can help there are too long of delays between replies...stand by please.