Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have Ge profile electric oven /gas stove top. Model

Customer Question
I have Ge profile...

I have Ge profile electric oven /gas stove top. Model #J2B918SEL1SS.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I have a GE profile electric oven/gas stove model #J2B918SEL1SS. The oven works however can not get the gas to ignite on stovetop. I tried lighting a match but no blue flame just clicking sound

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe if easy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Is gas coming out of any burner?

No

OK then pull the unit out and see if there is a small valve on the feed tube that runs from the right side of the down to the regulator. Right side when behind the unit.

OK turn that on and it should work fine again.

Happy Holidays..All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

I don’t see a valve

OK do you see the tubing that runs down to the regulator? Also are you sure you have the gas on to the oven? Check the actual gas shut off valve and make sure it is on and the gas line is connected.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!