Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag Oven is about 14 years old .I can not find a Model…

Customer Question
My Maytag Oven is...

My Maytag Oven is about 14 years old .I can not find a Model or Serial #.The top element and Broil Element works,but not the Bake Element.it is an electric oven

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 14 years can not find model#

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

This may just be a bad bake element. Do you have a volt ohmmeter to test the element?

do not have a volt ohmmeter
waiting for an answer
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello I am a new different tech. Can you inspect the element for any burn spots on it likes these....CLICK HERE

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open

its a maytag electric about 14 years old the top burners work and broiler works the bottom does not have a bake element the oven will only heat up to 200 degrees?
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 6 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you checked around the door area for the model number?

Found it:Model#MER5555QAQ & Sr.#17723150GE

ok just one moment please

ok so here is your bake element also there is a helpful video that will show you how to test this part as well if it makes you more comfortable to

test it first. If its not coming on I am certain the part has just went bad on you and is needing to be replaced.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Bake-Element/WPW10276482/1874343?modelNumber=MER5555QAQ​

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

where is the Bake Element located?

the bake element is located in the bottom of the oven

I know it has to be at the bottom of the Oven,but how I get to it as I can`t lift the Metal plate.

my apologies one moment please.

page 25 of your service manual explains this. Also this manual is great to have when doing any work on this unit.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sm-backend-production-attachments/09001a5080389d6f/Service%20Manual%20-%2016025644.pdf​

If there is nothing else that you need please do not forget to rate with 5 stars at the top.