Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a KitchenAide double gas oven with multiple issues at…

Customer Question
I have a KitchenAide...

I have a KitchenAide double gas oven with multiple issues at the moment. Two of the oven top burner on/off switches will not turn on. They appear to be stuck in the off position. When you press in and attempt to turn them on they simply won't turn.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Our second issue is with the upper oven. It simply will not heat up. The broiler works on it and the lower oven works fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It is a first generation model - KGRS505X

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of at the moment.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

KGRS505X is only about 3/4 of a full model number.

Does W10291453A help?

No that is a part number of a sticker!

if you open the oven door the model /serial tag should be on the inner face frame of the oven.

As luck would have it, as part of our own troubleshooting effort we were running it through a self cleaning. We stopped it, but it's locked shut until it finishes cooling.

ok once it cools down then reply back to me .

I can tell you what is wrong and how to fix it but with out a model number I can not give you the parts information.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?