Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My microwave does not turn on. GE JES1451dN1BB. Aprox4-5…

Customer Question
My microwave does not...

My microwave does not turn on

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE JES1451dN1BB. Aprox4-5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on how dangerous and required tools

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Is it totally dead, no lights at all?

Correct I checked breaker switch and that’s ok

Thank you. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

There is a fuse that has likely opened. It is number 3 at the link below, set on the filter board (number 4).

CLICK HERE

Access is gained by removing the screws from the back/bottom edges of the number 1 cover. Once removed, the cover will slide back and then lift off. As long as you unplug the microwave and do not touch anything near numbers 7, 12 & 14 it will be safe to replace that fuse.

The fuse may be purchased at most any hardware store, just be sure to get one that is marked for microwaves, they are a special ceramic fuse.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!