Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave lost power. Just need to know if it is repairable.

Customer Question
Microwave lost power. Contractor's...

Microwave lost power.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Just need to know if it is repairable

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Looking for trouble shooting ideas

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

nn-sn942b
It is a Panasonic inverter microwave

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

There is a fuse in line with the main power wire. It is accessed by removing the screws from the back/bottom edge of the outer cabinet and sliding the cover back and lifting it off. The fuse is at the very top, in line with the black wire that comes in from the cord.

Of course, make sure you unplug the microwave before removing the cover and do not touch anything below the fuse area!

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

The answer cannot be verified because I don’t have a star screwdriver to remove the back. I’ll try again tomorrow when I can get out to find the proper tools. I’m also a little disappointed to pay $36 for this answer and asked to pay another $24 to talk to someone. It seems to be more about the money than a happy customer. The experience has not been pleasant.

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those.

They are auto generated by the site and do not come from me.