Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio washer model wtw6600sw2 sn:

Customer Question
cu3571986 that periodically put streaks...
I have a Whirlpool Cabrio washer model wtw6600sw2 sn: cu3571986 that periodically put streaks of grease on the clothes. Also it puts wear marks on some of the clothes.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

if it is in fact grease the grease would have to be either on the clothes before they are put in the wash or it is coming into the washer thru the water.

Due to all the components that have grease on them are outside of the tub that holds the water and the clothes.

It may not be grease, if you run water and rub the marks with your finger will the marks go away?

And what type of detergent do you use in the washer HE or non HE .

And have you ever used a washer cleaner in the washer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Lestoil takes it out. Yes, I ran cleaner through it. We use He detergent. I removed the agitator and cleaned all the dirt out. Also cleaned the bearing surface that I could get at. The spin cycle gets out of balance easily.

ok how much detergent per load do you use.

And what washer cleaner did you use?

And when you cleaned it all out by hand how long did it take for these streaks to come back ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1/4 cap full. Used bleach as recommended with the cleaning cycle. After manual cleaning it took about 5 loads before the grease came back. It doesn't happen every load. I changed the bearing and drum about 8 years ago. Could a worn bearing leak grease out of the race?

a worm bearing or broken seal could cause it .

So you have not actually used a washer cleaner like AFFRESH in it only bleach is that correct.

And a 1/4 of a cap do you mean the cap that is on the detergent bottle or something else?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As far as cleaner, yes only bleach. The cap on the detergent bottle. I would estimate about 1/8 cup. The drum goes out of balance easily too which could be the bearing.

ok the amount of detergent is ok Bleach is not the best washer cleaner .I recommend AFFRESH washer cleaner.

And it is possible that a bearing could cause it to go out of balance but if it was the bearing you should at least hear the bearing rumble in the spin mode.

The out of balance is more of a suspension rods issue then the center bearing .

If the unit is over 8 years old have the suspension rods ever been replaced?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, they haven't. That sounds like part of the problem! Now I need to decide to either fix it or buy New!
Thanks

do you need the suspension rod kit part info ?

I show the kit with all four rods is like $65.00

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We are going to buy New! Thanks

ok no problem .just please remember to rate me .

Master Tech
Master Tech