Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool front loading washing machine is blinking door…

Customer Question
My whirlpool front loading...

My whirlpool front loading washing machine is blinking door locked and the door won’t come open I hit the control lock button for three seconds and I get a signal but nothing else I can’t get the door unlocked please help

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It’s brand new where can I find the model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it’s a simple fix

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It happened once before and I turned the breaker off and it reset itself after about 10 minutes but I don’t like to have to do that every time

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The door lock and the control lock are two totally different things.

And you have unplugged the unit for over 5 minutes?

You say you turned the breaker off did that breaker control the washer?