Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 15 in wine frig model CWR261DZ. It is not cooling.

Customer Question
I have a 15...

I have a 15 in wine frig model CWR261DZ. It is not cooling. I cleaned it vacuum ingredients the fan. It is making a clicking sound and the fan is running.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

10 dyas

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe. Depending on the difficulty level

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is 7 years old, not sure if it is worth fixing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 6 days by:
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

That clicking noise is the key to your problems. This means that your compressor is overloading and cutting out. It will turn off for a few minutes and then try again over and over. Pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the refrigerator. Remove the lower back access panel and locate your large black round compressor. There is a small plastic box attached to the side of the compressor with several wires going into it. This is your overload relay. Pull the overload relay off the compressor and shake it. If it rattles, then it needs to be replaced. If it doesn't rattle, then you likely have a bad compressor and you'll need to call a technician in order to replace the compressor. A compressor is about $650 to replace so that likely wouldn't be worth fixing.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?