Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile double oven with a touch screen. P T960S…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Profile double oven with a touch screen

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

P T960S P3SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't know?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I gave you the model number the touch screen is going crazy has a mind of its own cannot start the oven on bake. hits broil instead when I do get it started, sometimes while cooking it just starts flipping out

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 month ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do for this issue other than unplug the unit for 24 hours and see if the electronics will reset. If they still acts up, the LCD board would have to be replaced which unfortunately is about $1000. The part number is ***** if you needed to order it, but if the unit is less than a year old, call 1.***-***-**** as the part would still be under warranty. I wish I had better news for you but I hope you can understand that I can't control what fails any more than you can. Electronics are just sporadic at best.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc