Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

M duet washer is locked and will only perform the pumping…

Customer Question
M duet washer is...

M duet washer is locked and will only perform the pumping out function. The only way to turn it off is to unplug it.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a duet I cannot open it to find the model number 4 years old bought at Lowes.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I think it only needs the programmer reset. I tried holding down the turn 0ff for 3 seconds but it wont turn off and the light wont go off

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I started a load then stopped it for a minute to add something and turned it back on I think it stopped working properly then.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Duet washer. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

If the unit is continually draining, unplug the washer and plug it back in. Let it keep pumping for 30 minutes. It may have gone into flood mode which means that the thinks that is is too full of water (even when it isn't). It normally will automatically reset after 30 - 40 minutes. Unfortunately, you will need to wait it out. I know it is inconvenient.

If this does not resolve the issue (which is rare) and the pump just keeps running, your control board inside the control panel has failed and would need to be replaced.

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.