Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I OWN A 12 YEAR OLD WHIRLPOOL ELECTRIC RANGE. THE OVEN LIGHT…

Customer Question
I OWN A 12...

I OWN A 12 YEAR OLD WHIRLPOOL ELECTRIC RANGE. THE OVEN LIGHT BLEW OUT. I CANNOT REMOVE THE COVER TO CHANGE THE BULB.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I CANNOT FIND TH. MODEL NO.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES. I DON'T WANT TO PAY SOMEONE TO CHANGE A BULB

Contractor's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

HOW DO I GET TO THE NEXT PAGE

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

YES. HOW DO I GET TO THE NEXT PAGE

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There are several styles of covers and I would need the model number to know what you have. Most have a screw off glass cover. It needs to turn counter-clockwise to come off. If tight you can try to use a rubber gripper pad to get a better grip. Older models have a wire clip across the glass that needs to be unsnapped. Can you turn the cover?

Do you have an update? Do you still need help?