Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I OWN A 12 YEAR OLD WHIRLPOOL ELECTRIC RANGE. THE OVEN LIGHT…

Customer Question
I OWN A 12...

I OWN A 12 YEAR OLD WHIRLPOOL ELECTRIC RANGE. THE OVEN LIGHT BLEW OUT. I CANNOT REMOVE THE COVER TO CHANGE THE BULB.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I CANNOT FIND TH. MODEL NO.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES. I DON'T WANT TO PAY SOMEONE TO CHANGE A BULB

Contractor's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

HOW DO I GET TO THE NEXT PAGE

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

YES. HOW DO I GET TO THE NEXT PAGE

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There are several styles of covers and I would need the model number to know what you have. Most have a screw off glass cover. It needs to turn counter-clockwise to come off. If tight you can try to use a rubber gripper pad to get a better grip. Older models have a wire clip across the glass that needs to be unsnapped. Can you turn the cover?

Do you have an update? Do you still need help?

Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave