Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Knob to set wash cycle and start washer has stopped working.

Customer Question
Knob to set wash...

Knob to set wash cycle and start washer has stopped working. When pulled out, nothing happens

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Don't have that info in front of me - at least 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am mechanically able with help.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just need to know what tools to start with and/or what to dismantle first - this could take some time

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

I need to know whom manufactures and the model number of the unit to be able to tell you what tools you will need .