Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

MODEL # JTT5500SF3SS Fault code being given to me is "F97"

Customer Question
MODEL # JTT5500SF3SS...

MODEL # JTT5500SF3SS Fault code being given to me is "F97" is there such code? This is on barrier island accessible by boat only. I need to be sure to have correct fix. Thanks

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Twenty years as service manager H&H Appliances now on St. Simons Island Ga.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Have to deliver part when received. I will install

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Most fault codes appear to be single digit. I'm dealing with somewhat knowledgable trouble shooter by text. Is F97 a good fault code?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your GE oven . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is a part time residence. Oven worked last month. Very possible power on/power off situation, Frequent on Cumberland Island

I'm sure that this is an annoying incident especially since the oven is not that accessible. Yes, F97 is a valid error code for your oven. It means that the lower oven fan is not running at the correct speed. Since I am not there to troubleshoot it, I can give you the most likely scenario - that is a bad fan motor. This fixes it in the majority of cases. First thing I would do is power cycle the appliance for 2 minutes off then back on. If that does not fix it, replace the fan. Would you like the part number for it?

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m relating info to on island person. We thought likely control board. I’ll get back as soon as I hear. Thanks

It could be but in the vast majority of cases, from my experience, it turns out the be the fan.

- Please rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.

Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech