Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Wpre6150k2wt GE washer will not spin or agitate. showing no…

Customer Question
Wpre6150k2wt GE washer will...

Wpre6150k2wt GE washer will not spin or agitate. showing no error codes. lid switch is good. what could it be

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope so

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We moved and it was working until we got to new house. I reset motor and it worked for a few loads and now nothing. It makes all the sounds like it is working but only fills and drain it goes though the cycle like every thing is working,

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

When the unit should be agitating or spinning doe you hear the drive motor running?

No do not call

Ok if you can hear the drive motor running during agitation and spin modes but the tub or agitator are not moving the first thing I would look for is if the drive belt is off or broken.

If your referring to a phone call prompt I did NOT send that to you ,the web site that we are using does, NOT I!

Checked the belt its ok

ok so if the belt is good and the motor is in fact running then is the belt turning ,when the washer should be agitating or spinning?

no

ok if the motor is running and the drive belt is not turning is the pulley on the bottom of the drive motor just setting there as the motor shaft is turning .

As if the pulley is not secured to the motor shaft?

I will have to check, can I get back to you

Sure thing just reply back when you can!

ok

Just reply back just as you are now ,and your reply will come right to me .

John, Home Appliance Technician