Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How to tighten loose door handle on GE Side by side

Customer Question
How to tighten loose...

How to tighten loose door handle on GE Side by side PSG25NGMHFBB???

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2003 LF409781. Straight round stainless steel pipes!

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if it not to difficult!!!!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am good on home fixing!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If you look at the door handle theres 2 fixing bars which are attached to the door.

You need to look on the bottom of each of these and theres a small hole with a small crub screw in there. Its usually a small allen key. You need to tighten this up on both parts and that will tighen the door handle from there.

Let me know how it goes.

they will tighten all 3 bars?
I will look at it tomorrow!
I be back!
Yours,
Clarence

Yes, You need to tighten each bar as theres a screw on each one and that will do it.

Seriusly!!
The sheet metal screws are screwed from the inside of the door!
Look at the picture!
Still waiting!
Sincerely,
Clarence
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

No, no call!
Just explain how I should proceed
to thighteen the handle bars!
Yours
Clarence

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those. The model number you posted is not the refrigerator you have. Can you please double check that model number so I can prepare the most accurate information for you? The model tag is in the refrigerator section, high on a side wall or on the ceiling.

No! Nothing!!

Well, I am not able to find the right model because the one you have shows a completely different style of handle, see the link below.

CLICK HERE