Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We're getting an error message on our Miele washer.

Customer Question
Hi, we're getting an...

Hi, we're getting an error message on our Miele washer. "Waterproof System Activated" Says to call a technical service.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's a Touchtronic 3033. Got it in about 2009.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. I didn't plan on doing work myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We live in NYC. This just began today in the middle of using the machine. First time we've ever gotten that message. Otherwise, been working perfectly.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately this issue means your dishwasher is in flood mode. You'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it on it's back. Remove the screws in each corner holding the bottom access panel down. From that point you can pull the bottom access panel off and dry up all the water in the bas pan that is causing the flood condition. Now while you have the bottom off, look for a source of a leak because if the dishwasher is doing nothing but draining, there should be water in the bottom coming from somewhere causing the flood mode to occur. Re-assembled and if the water has been removed and if there is no leak or you corrected the leak, you should be good to go again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.