Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave exhaust fan went on automatically. Can't turn it…

Customer Question
Microwave exhaust fan went...

Microwave exhaust fan went on automatically. Can't turn it off even after pressing exhaust off button

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Model # LFMV164QFA

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Whatever works

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Unplugged applicance. When turned back on,no success

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

There is a high limit thermostat mounted to the bottom of the microwave in case you're cooking something on the cooktop and it gets too hot. It will automatically turn the fan on so if you were using the cooktop, just leave the microwave plugged in an within 1 hour it should turn off on it's own.

Now if you weren't cooking anything and it just turned on for no reason, give it an hour anyways, but if it doesn't shut off, your control board has a stuck relay and the entire display board will need to be replaced to fix that issue I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.