Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Decor Mod SGM304B Sept '98. None of the 4 igniters will

Customer Question
Decor Mod SGM304B Sept...

Decor Mod SGM304B Sept '98. None of the 4 igniters will spark. For a while just the RF would't but now none will spark. My question: is there one part that controls all of them, or does each burner have it's own control? I saw a YouTube fixit that showed the top open and it seemed as if each burner had it's own but how would all of them go out pretty much together. I see there is a Spark Module #86526 but don't know if it is for all of them together or the four burners have separate ones.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Let's say a few months that all didn't work, been using matches. Prior to that the one RF burner didn't spark for a few years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Don't know yet.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My one question is a big determinant.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 6 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to ***** name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Yes the spark module that you found is for all of them together. So once you replace that you should be good to go.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.