Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My gas oven is beating and shows F2 on the diual I cant get…

My gas oven is...

My gas oven is beating and shows F2 on the diual I cant get it to stop

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Amana gas oven it is about 15 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No just want it to stop beeping

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cant get the bake cycle going wither

12/30/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F2 means that your oven thinks your oven sensor is shorted. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board. In the mean time to stop the beeping, you'll need to leave the oven unplugged.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has stopped beeping but the oven is still warm. I cannot unplug IT it is a pull out

Flip the breaker off instead of unplugging it if that is easier. Those are the only 2 options.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc