Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher normal wash light keeps blinking and will not…

Customer Question
My dishwasher normal wash...

My dishwasher normal wash light keeps blinking and will not start

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Make is Kenmore and model is(###) ###-####

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Have not run diagnostic test. I do not know how

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

These flashing normal wash light is actually an error code that means there is a stuck button on the keypad. You can try to flip the circuit breaker off and heat the touchpad with a hair dryer. Then rub your thumb over all the buttons and let the touchpad cool down. Flip the breaker back on and if it still acts up, there is nothing you can do but replace the entire touch control panel because it's shorted.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc