Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer won't drain. Whirlpool cabrio. 1 to 2 years. A code…

Customer Question
Washer won't drain Contractor's...

Washer won't drain

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool cabrio. 1 to 2 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

A code said Dr

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you happen to have a full model number located on a sticker below the lid tucked down underneath (not on the lid itself) by the hinges? It’s really difficult to see because they try to hide it.

On the back it says w10612644 is that it

That's actually a part number. Do you happen to have a full model number located on a sticker below the lid tucked down underneath (not on the lid itself) by the hinges? It’s really difficult to see because they try to hide it.

Wtw7300dw0

Perfect. One moment while I look up your model and error and such.

So this error "Dr" means that your washer isn't draining. You'll need to tip the the washer backwards and unplug the unit so you can get under the washer. The drain pump is mounted to the back of the washer under the tub. It will need to be removed to check for any blockages. If you find nothing, then drain all the water out and try the washer again. If you get the error code again and you found nothing in the drain pump, you need to replace the drain pump itself. Below is a video that shows you how to remove the drain pump so you can check for debris or replace the pump.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.