Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

HELP my whirlpool in locked and will not allow me to take my…

Customer Question
HELP my whirlpool...

HELP my whirlpool in locked and will not allow me to take my stuff out of it. I unplugged, held the start and the pause button. Nothing works.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

No more then 10 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It's the front load with out the display

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Let me see if I an find the model. It's beeping wash.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So the first thing you'll want to do is just unplug the washer for 60 seconds and see if the latch will reset (it sounds like you may have done this but not sure if you did it for 60 seconds). If that doesn't work, leave the washer plugged in for 20 minutes and it should unlock. When the lock light is blinking, it typically means that the unit either took to long to fill with water (in which case it'll go into flood mode and keep draining for 15-20 minutes and unlock on it's own), or there is a glitch in the electronics and just unplugging it for 60 seconds will reset the issue.

If it still won't unlock, then unplug the washer and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can reach down to the bottom of the door latch where there is a 1" round plastic tab. Pull on this tab to manually unlock the door. Plug the washer back in and hopefully the board reset.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.